CARE & CLEANING INSTRUCTION
In order to maintain a brilliant surface;
- Use a soft cloth to remove surface dust when the object is dry. Alternatively use warm soapy water to clean the surface.
- DO NOT use harsh chemicals, detergents or citrus based cleaners.
- DO NOT use acetone silicones to install item.
- DO NOT use excessive pressure when cleaning.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This policy is in addition to your legal rights under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
1. Process for Returning Products
For all returns, please note that all returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied with any of the following Proof of Purchase documents:
With Proof Of Purchase
Your tax invoice, docket or receipt you received with the product you purchased at point of sale are accepted as Proof of Purchase documents. Photocopies of these documents will also be accepted.
Without Proof Of Purchase
If we cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product from Modern National, we are entitled to elect whether or not to accept your product for return or refund under Australian law.
2. No Change of Mind Returns
Please choose carefully as Modern National does not accept return of goods in the event where you have changed your mind or have made a wrong decision about our goods and services.
3. Product Repairs and Service under Warranty
Where you wish to have your product repaired or services in circumstances where the product has not suffered a failure would amount to a breach of one of the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, only if the products are not suffered under the following circumstances:
• Improper functioning of product due to incorrect installation
• Damage due to incorrect installation
• Damage due to accident
• Damage due to secondary transit or handling
• Improper care and cleaning
• Alterations to original product
• Inappropriate use and/or abuse of item
We provide supportive after sales and service or replacement of any product which, as a man-made item, may develop a production issue with the material component.
However, the function and installation of the product is the responsibility of a licensed plumber. It is the responsibility of the licensed installer to inspect for damage prior to installation.
If you have a functional problem with your product(s), which is not related to the material and product you should contact the licensed installer in the first instance. If your installer fails to return and you still require on-site attendance for minor adjustments or to check the product, a service fee might apply.
Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
Delivery is available in most areas within the Sydney Metropolitan however please note other than as set out, we offer delivery by courier. Please contact your local sales representative if you have a question in relation to the locations to which we deliver.
1. Delivery Service
Modern National offers drop off service delivery, which is carried out Monday to Friday excluding Wednesdays & public holidays.
The following terms and conditions apply for drop off delivery:
• Any orders placed after 2pm AEST will be processed the following day.
• Products will be delivered in original packaging. Please note that the goods will not be boxed.
• This service does not include installation or the removal of any packaging or existing products.
• Delivery drivers have the right to refuse to carry products by hand or otherwise if, in their opinion, to do so may pose a risk of injury or damage to property or person (including themselves) or if the location has poor or restricted access.
• Our drivers may refuse to locate your product in your nominated location if they are of the view that to do so may pose a risk of injury or damage to property or person (including themselves) or if the location has poor or restricted access.
• If you wish to change the delivery date or address, you must notify the office otherwise you will be liable for a re-delivery fee & stocking fee.
2. Delivery Charges
Modern National charges $12 flat rate if the total sales amount is under $100 within Sydney Metro areas.
For delivery of goods based on the nominated delivery location outside the Sydney area and the weight of each item, Modern National uses various delivery services including Australia Post, TNT & commercial couriers. The service used will depend on the type of delivery service required, delivery location and service availability. This might cause various freight charges so please contact our office before the invoice is issued.
3. Direct Delivery
Our delivery vehicle must be able to park safely within 20 metres of the access point of the delivery location. The delivery address must also be at all times safe, clean and free of risk (e.g hazards and pets securely restrained).
We reserve the right to refuse to deliver if this condition is not met.
Delivery times and dates are estimates only and are subject to weather, traffic, postal contingencies, actions of our agents and other factors. Therefore we cannot guarantee delivery on the date we arrange with you.
Modern National will take reasonable care during delivery however delivery of products inherently carries with it a risk of damage (e.g wet or scratched floors, scuffed walls etc). To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any damage caused to property during delivery, including as a result of Modern National driver’s negligence.
The customer must notify the retail shop within 24 hours of delivery of any damage to goods or if the goods are inconsistent with the customer’s order. Failing such notice, and to the extend permitted by law, the customer will otherwise be deemed to have accepted the goods.
If you or your authorised nominee (notified in advance with Modern National) is not present at the time of delivery, your goods will not be delivered and an additional delivery charge of $89 flat rate will apply if the goods need to be redelivered.
Nothing in this document will exclude, restrict, modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy mandated or otherwise implied by law. This includes the Australian Consumer Law, which cannot by law be excluded, restricted or modified. To the extent that there is such a term, it is severed but only to the extent necessary to conform to the applicable law.